1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm no doorknob, either" -- The Comeback thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

"What happened to your nose, Gittes? Somebody slam a bedroom window on it?"

"Nope. Your wife got excited. She crossed her legs a little too quick. You understand what I mean, pal?"

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Former Chicago Black Hawk Steve Ludzik tells a story about some Wayne Gretzky smack.

There was a scrum after the whistle, and Ludzik was mixing it up with some Oiler. Gretzky said something to Ludzik, and Ludzik responded with something like "Fight or keep your mouth shut."

Gretzky, unfazed, says "Hey Ludzik - did you know you were put on waivers today?"

Turns out that Ludzik indeed was waived that day, but hadn't heard about it yet.

3. joe

joe Active Member

A punch right in the face usually does the trick.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah? Wewll, the jerk store called and they're running out of you!

5. the fop

the fop Member

"I was talking to the goat."

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

"Tough news, Barclay, sorry. Minnesota dropped you. It's in The Hockey News, I'll save it for you."

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

"You know what your problem is Dunlop? You're too friggin' old to play this game!"

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That is great.

I wonder if the guy's ever tried oversized grapefruits.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Toepick ...

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

"I got a contract!"

[​IMG]

There are other pictures in existence signed by the guys who played Hanrahan and McCracken. And Jerry (Dave Carlson) Houser signs as "Killer" and adds "Dave's A Mess." Too funny.

11. pittsburgie

pittsburgie Member

``And she says do yo love me and he's like `No, but that's a real nice ski mask.'''

Dumb and Dumber - followed by lighting a fart on fire

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Of all the movies, I never thought a "The Cutting Edge" reference would make this thread.

But this give me the chance to post this pic of Moira Kelly, hopefully taken before she became the annoying Mandy Lambert.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted