1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm never going on this bridge

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 20, 2007.

1. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

no.fucking.way.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The good, ol' Guthrie interchange. I always held my breath going on that thing as well, especially eastbound 10 to northbound 215.

3. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

The Yahoo story I read about it said it was going to $25 per person.

4. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Apparently, in reading a National Geographic story about it, it is $25 per person - but it's $50 to get into the park itself, hence the $50 reference, and then, because we know how to add, the $75....

Not a chance.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hell, no.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

The Sunshine Skyway is cool.

7. joe

joe Active Member

Who knew this many people had a fear of heights? Christ, I hope none of you ever had to sleep on the top bunk. Probably scarred you for life.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm surprised nobody's posted a picture of the Tappan Zee Bridge... not that high, but long. Crosses the Hudson River at its widest point.
    [​IMG]

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

We also can't forget the bridges on Manhattan's west side that span the Harlem River...

The Henry Hudson bridge:
    [​IMG]

The Alexander Hamilton Bridge (front) and the Washington Bridge (back)
    [​IMG]

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

The Tappan Zee is all but falling apart, according to news reports, but authorities can't decide on whether to build a new bridge or a tunnel. Or, more importantly, how to get the billions to pay for it.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Part of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (good luck getting a photo of all 17 miles of it):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. driving across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge / Tunnel freaked me out

you're driving along and you just see the road disappearing in front of you into the water. and as much as you rationally realize there is a tunnel up ahead and you're not going to die, the view makes a pretty strong case otherwise to your brain

Draft saved Draft deleted