1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm never going on this bridge

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 20, 2007.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

As I understand it, the thing is on a reservation and therefore is not subject to as many federal safety regulations as it might otherwise be.

And if it breaks and you die, your survivors' lawsuit would be heard by a judge from the tribe, so lots of luck with that.

2. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

I don't have a hideous fear of heights, but I agree with people who say this isn't going to end well. Someone is either going to jump off or it's going to be a target for some pissed off individual.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

You couldn't tell that from the 3.5 foot-high railing that any 2-year old could climb over?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree it looks cool and that the price is too steep.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

FACT.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

buckweaver, do you ever go across the Vincent St. Thomas Bridge from Long Beach to San Pedro? My biggest fear growing up in the LBC was I'd be going across that bridge and the "big one" would hit and the bridge would crumble and I'd die.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I had to cover a Mary Star High softball game in San Pedro for the P-T. The Mary Star Stars. Original. I think I had to cover South Gate play a football game at San Pedro High, too.

Do they still have Moore League baseball doubleheaders at Blair Field?

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

How about the Pioneer Pioneers.

And I'd never walk out on that. I wouldn't even go out on the observation deck of the Eiffel Tower.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

See? That's the kind of shit that happens when you let Yankees fans out of the Bronx.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

This looks really cool to me, but I'm not sure I could actually step out onto it. I never really thought I had a fear of heights until this summer when I was watching 4th of July fireworks from a 40th floor balcony with a few too many people on it. I don't think I'd want to pay to experience that feeling again on a much bigger (and longer fall) scale...BTW, I thought I'd heard it was $75 a person, not $50.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The Deception Pass bridge in Washington State is pretty fucking scary as well. It is really high above the water and it is known for nasty weather.
    I once came upon a car accident in which a car went over the edge and was crunched up on the edge of the island below, partially in the water. Insane standbyers were trying to climb down to help the people. I just called the cops and left.

[​IMG]

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

standbyers?

I think I like that word better. They're standing by. They're standbyers!

Draft saved Draft deleted