1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm never going on this bridge

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Jefferson Jr. over here.

2. Me, too.
    Just not going to jump off anything tall while I'm doing it.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

O/U on a BASE jump: Three days.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I get nervous staring over a fourth floor apartmernt balcony.

Pass.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The price is way too high for something like this.

6. interesting story

the skywalk is actually 14 miles west of the south rim, on property owned by the Hualapai Indian Reservation, which commissioned the guy to build it and will share the profits with him

the thing cost $30 million, which sounds awfully high.

here's a better view of what this thing looks like. has a glass floor. pretty wild but it really doesn't belong there

[​IMG]

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

That was you.......

8. T2

T2 Member

I think I'd be too petrified to step out on the bridge. I would really panic if there were young folks engaging in horseplay out there: bouncing up and down to see if the bridge would shake, chasing each other around the curve, pretending to throw each other over the waist-high railing. If I were on the bridge, I'd be deathly afraid that they'd knock me over the railing, and I'd drop to the glass floor and crawl back to solid ground with my eyes closed.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Showed this thread to a co-worker and it spawned a discussion about other "knee-knocking" places similar to this, like the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This is something that falls right into my area of enjoyment. I would easily walk out there and get the kind of rush needed. My wife will watch and simultaneously wonder what the situation is on my life insurance.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Fixed.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I've been to the Ghost Bar and stood on said glass floor ... both are WAY overrated.

Draft saved Draft deleted