1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Mike Francesa and You're Not Part VII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

About an hour ago a caller tells Francesa that Halladay has checked into a Philly Hotel and is going to take a physical.

Francesa tells the caller not to believe the report because Halladay was not free agent therefore he would not be allowed to meet with another team unless a trade was made.

Well we know now who was right.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: I'm Mike Francesa and Your Not Part VII

By part VII, you mean today, right?

3. Boom_70

Yes - and only counts the show.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Then he has Heyman on and he says "So there it is. Jon Heyman has the story and Halladay wouldn't be in Philly if he wasn't pretty sure the trade was agreed to and he's confident can sign a deal with the Phillies."

Pompous ass.

5. Boom_70

I heard that too. Classic. Phil Mushnick has part of his next column.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

No, he's still got a backlog of 12 columns ripping TV execs for showing too much Tiger during the 1999 Masters and how that's now come back to haunt them because no one cares about other golfers.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Yeah, and Mushnick was making the point about ridiculous Tiger overkill long before the scandal. Now Woods is in hiding and the PGA is pretty much screwed.

Draft saved Draft deleted