1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm making Starman judge, jury and Lord High Executioner on this one...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Feb 25, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/306641

Jeffrey Todd
    Staff Reporters
    Curtis Rush
    Police are hoping the public can help them arrest a robber who casually went through the purse of a 90-year-old woman who was helpless to defend herself while out for a stroll with her walker in the east end yesterday about noon.
    The man approached the woman in the Victoria Park Ave.-O'Connor Drive area and took cash, access cards and personal papers from her purse.

Police are looking for a man about 37 to 40 years old, about 5-foot-7 or 5-foot-8, and clean shaven. He wore a dark hat and jacket.

The man approached the woman from the front and blocked her path, police say. The woman tried to call for help, but her voice was too faint to attract attention.

The woman was not hurt, but she was shaken emotionally.

"This was like taking candy from a baby," Staff Sgt. Ken Ellis said. "Apparently, he did this quite casually too. It's very sad."

The woman was not injured in the robbery.

Police said she returned shaken to her apartment and called her daughter-in-law, who then called police.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416 808-5400.

I'm sure even Starman can't find a punishment to match this one.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The grannies in the good ol' US of A would have been packing heat. That scumbag would have been well ventilated.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Weird. I was just thinking about this kind of thing while driving around today. I saw an old man walking down the street and wondered if he was safe. Then I wondered how someone could ever rob a helpless old person.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Or travel in packs like Hell's Grannies:

[​IMG]

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Kinda interesting...I saw a video last night of a crocheting grandmother/owner of a convenience store pull out her .38 from a rubber band around her Bible, blast a couple of shots through her office window and scare off four heat-packing punks. Pretty good.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

All right, dammit.

Just for this punk, I'm popping one open.

[​IMG]

It's on, mofos! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Hell hath no fury!

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you Canucks are still rank amateurs compared to the good ol' US of A in the sick and cruel behavior department. A couple of fine, upstanding Cincinnati youths beat and tortured an 18 year old disabled woman in her home for more than 6 hours:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080226/ap_on_re_us/disabled_woman_beaten;_ylt=AqkW_TzZ85PkfWMNeOMdH36s0NUE

CINCINNATI - Two teenagers hid overnight in a house and spent more than six hours torturing a disabled woman after her mother left in the morning, authorities said.

Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones said the teenage boy and girl tied up the 18-year-old woman, clubbed her, kicked her, shaved her head and soaked her with water before making her walk barefoot outside in the snow.

They also ignored pleas from the woman, who had undergone brain surgery, not to hit her in the head, investigators said.

"This is one of the worst crimes I've ever seen," Jones said Monday. "They are sick animals, apparently just doing this for kicks and no other reason."

Cheyenne Blanton, 17, and Joseph Nagle, 16, both of Hamilton, were arraigned Monday on juvenile delinquency charges that include aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery, kidnapping, felonious assault and vandalism, according to juvenile court officials.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Captain.

Clearly we cannot compete.

[​IMG]

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ah, JR, but down there they name the fucking punk thugs, which they're too fucking stupid to do up here.

Luther and Tiny might want to have a word with them when they get to the joint.

Draft saved Draft deleted