1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm looking for **** love."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 10, 2007.

1. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I've been trying to find the album with that clip; what is it, for goodness' sake?

About a year ago I was channel surfing, came across Austin City Limits with an old chubby guy in a porkpie hat just singing his ass off. I listened to about three bars and it hit me: That's Van Morrison! And then I very recently found the clip above. I've been listening to Johnny Lee since I was riding around country roads at night picking up blues stations out of Nashville and Chicago. ZZ Top and others have tried to capture a piece of him, but JLH has his own thing going.

Apologies for the threadjack.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Freeze Frame was the first album I ever bought.
    I literally wore that tape out.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Whammer Jammer, lemme hear ya Dickie.....

5. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Saw Geils on the Freeze Frame tour at the Richfield Coliseum. Wonderful.

Geils and It's a Beautiful Day is one crazy bill.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Saw the same show, but in Knoxville. It was homecoming week, '81 at UT. I was a freshman in high school. I went, left after U2, went across town to see Rod Stewart on the "Tonight I'm Yours" tour.

My shit was so fly.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

After watching that vid, I had to find out too. It looks like it comes from "Too Long in Exile"....not on iTunes, so you're going to have to buy the CD.

Draft saved Draft deleted