1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm looking for **** love."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 10, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure this will fit in with a thread already started but I'm tired and lazy and, hell, I'll just start a new one.

Heard J. Geils on the way home tonight on XM 46. Forgot how much I enjoyed J. Geils. I'll have go search for my CDs tonight.

Anyone else have that experience? I'm hoping to rekindle other old memories. A band/singer/song you just up and forgot about for whatever reason only to have your memory jogged.

Magic Dick could play some harmonica.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Today, in fact, when 38 Special's "Hold On Loosely" played at the gym.

3. Moderator1

Saw them a couple of years ago. Very enjoyable. They did a version of Rebel to Rebel that brought tears to my eyes.

4. Songbird

5. Songbird

Sorry, wrong link.

This is for you, Moddy ...

6. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

I love J. Geils ... the preamble to "Musta Got Lost" is a personal favorite. ("The Woofa Goofa with the Green Teeth.") Peter Wolf used to come back to WBCN in Boston once a year to do his radio show--always a good listen.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That was awesome "Open up the door, bitch...boom....boom...boom..."

J. Geils could bring it live whether it was on Full House or Blow Your Face Out. Stuff like "Lookin' For A Love", "First I Look At The Purse", "Pack Fair And Square", "Hard Drivin' Man" along with Magic Dick's immortal "Whammer Jammer" still kick some serious ass 30 years later

8. Moderator1

Full House was one of the first albums I bought in college when I got my cool new stereo.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pregame warmup tape, Western Michigan University hockey ... 1982-83

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I saw Peter Wolf in a bar in NYC a few years ago. He looked very unhealthy.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Guess he quit working out then. His "Come As You Are" video--in which he literally jumps the entire time--is one of the coolest, most underrated videos of the '80s.

What was the ballad he released after "Lights Out" (dancing in the dark, to the radio of love...lights out, uh-huh...)? Really well-done, haunting song.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hmm, you got me thinking here. Can't come up with the name now but I loved "Can't Get Started" and "99 Worlds".

Draft saved Draft deleted