1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm looking for classic baseball photos ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Sep 13, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd like to get something to give the apartment some life, but I can't seem to find right the store or Web site.

I'm a big baseball fan, a Mets fan, too. I'd love to get my hands on a classic baseball picture like a Brooks Robinson play on the line or an Ozzie Smith play (in particular, the bare-handed play with the Padres). Any timeless scene would spark my interest. I've already got Piazza, Ted Williams and Mantle framed on one wall. A great Mets shot would be a bonus, but certainly not essential.

Does anyone know of a place -- preferably a Web site -- I can browse for a legit, framed shot that isn't absurdly expensive? I've looked sporadically every couple of weeks, but have failed miserably each time.

Thanks, kind folks.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Try this, mike. Baseball art and posters

http://www.allposters.com/-st/Baseball-Posters_c298_.htm

3. There's some great stuff on there, spnited.

Thanks.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

great site. thanks.

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

Try this place.

http://www.thesportgallery.com/sportatthedistillery.html

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Excellent sites, guy. I appreciate the help.

7. rallen13

rallen13 Member

mike,
    Whatever you do, try to find the classic of the Denver (minor leagues from many years ago) player who slid into second and is laying there, hi shand on the bag, looking up at the two umpires who called the play, one showing safe, the other showing out. It's a once in a lifetime photo and I believe I have seen it in poster form. Also look at ebay searching under baseball posters. A lot of poster giveaways are listed there.

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Don't count out eBay. I love surfing around there looking for old posters and programs and pennants. Heck, I've even bought uncut sheets of baseball card team sets and framed those.

All kinds of stuff for my basement bar, when I get one of course.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Much as I appreciate good baseball photos for the wall, nothing will spruce up a place like a framed "The Kramer."

10. Pete Incaviglia

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Pete Incaviglia

And, for the ladies:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Pete Incaviglia

Back on topic, I have this one framed: