1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined Boss"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I love the image of Belichick taking a noble stance that might cost his team a competitive advantage, because really, that certainly fits in perfectly with everything we know about him. :)

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Lynch "doesn't care about the fine" so much that he pulls this childish act every week rather than actually stick to his principles and pay it like a man.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

It's probably costing him sleep. Take the edge, or tell Goodell to get fucked in a legal way.
    No way it happens, but we can dream, right?

4. The NFL has shown it won't be rational with Marshawn, so why will he be rational with the NFL? Hell, they just fined him FOR SCORING A TOUCHDOWN! That came ater they almost didn't let him play in the damn game anyway. I think the NFL has made it pretty clear what it thinks of Marshawn. So why should he just saddle up and say "It's Okay, boss!"

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

They didn't fine him for scoring a touchdown.

6. Dick Whitman

That's what he's doing. I don't see the Man of Principle skipping these sessions any more, do you?

7. He's going, because who knows what the NFL will do next? Fine him his entire season's salary? Suspend him for all of next season? But he doesn't have to like it, and the media is just getting caught in the storm because they have to deal with angry Marshawn.

When Lynch wants to talk, he does. Mike Silver had a piece on the NFL Network just a few weeks ago where he talked. He answered some questions yesterday for Skittles. He will talk when he's comfortable, just not when people demand he talk.

8. Dick Whitman

He talked.

He was out there.

Man of Principle.

9. His momentum caused his arm to go over his crotch, and that's why they fined him.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm surprised how angry this makes you.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

LOL. Whatever you say.

Not like he has a track record of grabbing at his nuts after scoring TDs.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ignore Manky

Draft saved Draft deleted