1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined Boss"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2015.

1. What makes you assume Marshawn Lynch is dumb enough to burn through millions of dollars?

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don't think Lynch is dumb. I also don't know or care if he's burning through his money.

We all have to do shit we don't like. Just act like an adult and power through like the rest of us do.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

He's paid a couple hundred grand in fines simply for not talking to the media. That's fucking insane.

SnarkShark and old_tony like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

And he's a 1000 times more famous than if he had talked. I had a college roommate whose theory was that if you simply went mute, you'd be the most famous person on earth in six months. Maybe Lynch met him in a bar.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've noticed more people are talking about his interview session tonight than all of the important and serious and engaging quotes from other players' interviews.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  6. SnarkShark

If this was his intention, I'd actually be all for it. That would be funny and satirical. I think it's clear, however, that he just doesn't want to be involved and is doing this so he doesn't have to write another check to the league.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Is he? He's a top 5 NFL RB on a Super Bowl champion team. Those guys are usually pretty famous.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Geico should do a Marshawn Lynch commercial.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, he's already got a hit-and-run and a DUI. He's also well-known for his penchant for purchasing "grills." Those don't scream out "responsibility" to me. He's a classic fool, and you know what they say about a fool and his money.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oh c'mon Tony you left something out, just say what you're really thinking.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Do you try to incite him? It seems like in all the interviews, beat writers are asking pretty tame questions.
    Why not try "Marshawn, what kind of example are you setting for young African-Americans about responsibility?" or some other way-too-serious questions that gets him riled up? I thought on media day someone might, but it seems he avoided everything.
    Good for him though. If he doesn't want to talk, he shouldn't have to. I love he does the nut-grab and doesn't care about his fine. I hope if he scores at the Super Bowl, he does it and Belichick declines the penalty just to piss off the NFL.

12. SnarkShark

He's more than willing to talk as a shill.

Draft saved Draft deleted