1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined Boss"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because he doesn't act like Billy Badass about it. And he's not outwardly a dickface to other humans.

Lynch is a total fucking idiot, and - all due respect, Boom - a lot of the people who cheer him on are basically cheering on the dickhead in seventh grade for making fun of the weak kid in the class, all over again.

As an aside to the Bavaro mention, I interviewed him a few years ago and he was terrific. He had just written a novel, and we ended up just chatting about the craft of writing at the end for a few minutes, not even for the story.

2. Why do you assume Lynch is giving one-word or one-phrase answers to fuck with you? Maybe he just doesn't want to get fined.

3. Dick Whitman

1,500 players in the National Football League have the common human decency to answer a few questions in a respectful manner, as that is how you treat other humans.

One player in the National Football League thinks it's beneath him to do so.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If he doesn't want to talk, who cares? Talk to somebody else. When he's old and broken down he'll be begging to talk, the way Steve Carlton did at the end.

5. Dick Whitman

I don't disagree with you. But he's still an asshole for acting the way he does.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the NFL immediately fined him and put the photo up for sale on NFL.com.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Is it difficult to avoid a fine by not being a dipshit for 10-15 minutes? I'm not saying he has to like it. Just don't be a child about it.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Better that he do this?

[​IMG]

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I have no idea why the media would not just walk away from him.

10. Dick Whitman

I get what you're saying, JC. I guess in one instance at least the person is being outwardly courteous, whereas in Lynch's case, he's outwardly being mean to people, and a percentage of fans seem to get off on that fact.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

As Gee noted, ultimate vindication comes down the road when he is tapped out or otherwise needs people to want to talk to him.

Hell, even Bonds is nice now.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

And walk away from a hot take served on a silver platter?

It didn't happen with Ricky Williams:

[​IMG]

And, of course:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted