1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm in love with shaving again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Sep 8, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

But if you are worrying about the cost of blades...
    It's not being cheap, it's about saving money.

2. boots

boots New Member

Mark, I don't have a bulk lifestyle any longer. It would be a waste for me to join Sams or Costco just for razor blades. I go in them quite regularly with a good friend of mine and for him, it's a great deal. He has a family to feed. I'm not in the same situation.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wait ... I thought you had a young daughter.

4. boots

boots New Member

What you like keeping up with my personal life or something? I've got two kids. They're grown. And your point as it relates to shaving?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You said you don't have a family to feed. But a month or two ago, you made a post about having recently taken your young daughter into a public restroom. I'm just trying to reconcile the two statements. And if you have two grown kids ... Jeebus, how old are you? And you tell others to grow up? :eek:

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's like cell phones. They can practically give away the phones because they want to sell you air time.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Lately I've been buying three-blade disposables, they seem to do the trick too.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

[crickets]

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Fushion blades are expensive but they last forever. I bought 16 at Sam's ages ago and still have 13 left.
    And I do A LOT of shaving, A LOT.

My kids are grown and gone and I love some Sam's Club. 20 bucks for a 40-pound bag of duggie food. 15 for 17 pounds at the local grocery shack.

Four great strip steaks for 20 bones. Instead of cooking all four, we cook two and cook the other two later.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Duddie food?

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Good catch, you available for a desk shift tonight?
    Meant duggie food. I feed my duggies well.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think it might have "The Art of Shaving" ... http://www.theartofshaving.com/taos6/home.php

Draft saved Draft deleted