1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm in love with shaving again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Sep 8, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

For years, I have been searching for a good way to shave off my facial hair. I've tried everything, including Nair, nothing seemed to work. I got a Gillette Fusion razor in the mail. I tried it, and now I feel I can get a close shave and feel good about it.
    Have others out there tried this Fusion razor?

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

You used NAIR instead of a razor to get rid of your 5 o'clock shadow? Good Lord, that had to hurt.

You should enjoy that Fusion, then. It's the best razor on the market, IMO.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Shick Quattro.

4. boots

boots New Member

No, the nair didn't hurt and was effective. i just started using the Fusion. I'm afraid to ask how much the replacement blades are.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I shave the old fashioned way:

[​IMG]

6. boots

boots New Member

And that's why I went to Nair.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A few years back I went to a bachelor party in Vegas and we went to this place called "The Joy of Shaving" where they pulled out these straight razors. Some in our group were a bit hesitant, so one of the barbers blew up a balloon, covered it in shaving cream and then shaved it all off without popping the balloon...

I don't remember what it cost, but it was the best shave I've ever had. My face felt smooth for three days and I have a really thick beard...

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

For the record, I use the Fusion as well... It's the best regular razor I've ever used, but the replacement blades are pretty pricey $14 for four...

9. boots

boots New Member

If they did that to a balloon, I can only imagine what they would do to me.

10. boots

boots New Member

I tried the quatro and that's what scared me away. I guess I have a tough choice to make. I do like the shave.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Try buying blades and Sam's, Costco, etc.
    You'd be surprised what a deal you can get.

12. boots

boots New Member

Call me a cheap bastard but I really don't have a need for bulk buying.

Draft saved Draft deleted