1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm in an Office Space mood ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

It's not just about me and my dream of doing nothing. It's about all of us. I don't know what happened to me at that hypnotherapist and, I don't know, maybe it was just shock and it's wearing off now, but when I saw that fat man keel over and die - Michael, we don't have a lot of time on this earth! We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.

2. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

No, there WAS nothing wrong with that name until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass-clown got famous and started winning grammies.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Have you seen my stapler?

4. Peter Gibbons: This isn't so bad, huh? Makin' bucks, gettin' exercise, workin' outside.
    Lawrence: Fuckin' A.
    Peter Gibbons: [nods] Fuckin' A.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Tom: It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.
    Michael: That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Tom.
    Samir: Yes, this is horrible, this idea.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

You should have ducked out about 15 minutes early so the boss wouldn;t amke you work Saturday and Sunday!

And, in honor of my man

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
    Bob Slydell: Great.
    Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.
    Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Joanna: You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?
    Stan, Chotchkie's Manager: Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself.
    Joanna: Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Peter Gibbons: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
    Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
    Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime; so where's the motivation? And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now.
    Bob Slydell: I beg your pardon?
    Peter Gibbons: Eight bosses.
    Bob Slydell: Eight?
    Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled; that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yeah, we love us some IMDB. I'll have to go home tonight and watch this for the 1,000,000th time.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

You know, the Nazis made the Jews wear flair.

Draft saved Draft deleted