1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, May 18, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It's on one of the Encore channels right now.

I enjoyed on its own merits in the late 80s when it was released, but now that I've seen most of the blaxsploitation movies it's based on, it's even more hilarious.

Bernie Casey just blew himself up in a send-up of the climax from Shaft.

Underrated comedy, even if does prominently feature the Wayans brothers.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

"Got change for a hundred?"

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I used to work with a guy, who was later institutionalized for -- among other things -- being convinced this girl wanted to have sex with him on a food-prepping station just to get him fired; he went into a frenzy, I heard, and thought everyone in the nursing home was out to get him -- dementia patients, co-workers, nurses. All day, he'd say, "Cool, man. Whoo!," sing Megadeath lyrics, while using the sheet trays as guitars.

Anyway, he used to ask my friend and I if we'd seen "I'm Gonna Get You, Sucka" at least once every 10 or 12 days. Then he'd go ahead and describe his favorite scenes in detail.

I probably should watch it just to make his acid relapses seem semi-productive.

4. Norman Stansfield

It's MegaDETH, mikey, not MegaDEATH.

Sheesh. Get it right.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Did Pallister hijack Norm's handle?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

7. Norman Stansfield

Peace Sells. But who's buying?

8. Bubbler

Didn't expect the Megadeth-jack, but what the hell.

9. Norman Stansfield

Bubbs, your avatar made me curious enough to Google DJ Lance. Then I watched him on YouTube.

I'm still trying to formulate an opinion...

10. Bubbler

Did you watch Yo Gabba Gabba? That's the only way to go.

The show is Krofft for a new generation. It blows my mind.

11. Norman Stansfield

I watched some clips of him on YouTube. Definitely interesting. Made me laugh.

I'm partial to Sigmund The Sea Monster and Electra Woman and Dyna Girl when it comes to Krofft TV, BTW. When they were playing both regularly a few years back on Nick at Nite or whatever, it was awesome.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Great movie. Love how Fishbone follows the guy around playing his theme music.

And an awesome cameo by Eve Plumb - "How's my beautiful Nubian warrior?" as she gives the guy a bean pie.

Draft saved Draft deleted