1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm going to Hell for laughing ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Apparently the English serial killer is a little (surprise!) off his rocker.

My favorite part (made me laugh out loud): He gives his nickname as "The Bishop," lists his interests as "keeping fit," says he enjoys most types of music -- "especially from the 80s" -- and says his hero is the cartoon character Hong Kong Phooey.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/12/18/uk.prostitute/index.html

2. And a new chapter is added to the installment of Behind The Music regarding Journey.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Voice of Scatman Crothers, if I remember the character correctly.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm assuming the bodies were found in a filing cabinet.

5. boots

boots New Member

Hong Kong Phooey was a great show and the late Scatman Crothers was the perfect voice. ABC was the network.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Hong Kong Phooey ruled. One of the last great innovations in Saturday morning cartoons before the new shows on Saturday morning kids' TV got all militaristic and un-humorous.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Phooey was OK, but he was no Super Chicken.

(You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred)

8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

" Hong Kong Phooey #1 super guy......Hong Kong Phooey faster than the human eye"

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Loved Honk Kong Phooey when I was a kid. It wasn't on very long, but they kept the reruns going on Saturday morning for a while. He wasn't one of the A-list cartoon characters, but he was respected enough to briefly earn a place on the Laff-a-Lympics as a member of The Scoobie Doos.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

All this Hong Kong Phooey talk is a chance to recommend this album -- my kid used to love it....

http://tinyurl.com/ybov2v

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Looks like a great album, although I'm disappointed to see that the Dickies' versions of the Banana Splits song and Gigantor didn't make it. I think they just showed up on a live album though. The Jam's kick ass cover of Batman would have also been a nice touch, but it still looks pretty solid.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Dickies were dorks. Geniuses, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted