1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm going on the 15 day DL

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Apr 19, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Go to the doctor.

I'm guessing something is broken.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

You know, I hate to belabor the obvious, but there are hand rails for staircases for a reason.....having said that, I was once walking down the stairs at my old house, reached the landing.. one more stair. .. zoned out... stepped completely off, rolled my left ankle to the extent I heard something snap, and then laid on the floor crying and yelling for my cats to help. Tore a ligament. The cats did not help.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Do not pass Go, do not collect $200. Besides, if you do, your publisher will want all of it.

4. beanpole

beanpole Member

I'm thinking that Chef would have cut the thing off by now.

Go to the doc.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

No need to go to the doctor. I'm sore, but nothing is hurt that badly. My hand is swollen, but nothing is broken. My body feels like it was beaten by a baseball bat, I have aches and pains where I didn't even think I was hurt yesterday, but there's nothing wrong with me that won't go away in the next week or so.

My wife, who was gone when it happened, has been trying to restrain laughter ever since she heard about it.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

That's what I am talking about.

The rest of you panzie-asses should take a lesson from Bubbler.

My motto; Unless the injurie's to the cock, don't go see the doc.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Into the wind.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And we LIKED IT!

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Fine. But then don't lay around the house for a week, or two, moaning like a child about how much your ass/shoulder/knee/finger/ankle/neck/back hurts.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ads? Here?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

DAMN YOU, Digress! I reserve the right to moan and groan until the cows come home! :D

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Dunno, Bubs. Not sure this is the guy you want to be taking medical advice from. Just sayin' ...

Draft saved Draft deleted