1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm going on the 15 day DL

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Apr 19, 2009.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Pinch-hit home run to win the game in the ninth. Well worth the call-up.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ned Yost would keep my ass in for another inning until I was lost for the season.

I'm hurting all over now, the next few hours are going to suck. My hand looks like it was stung by a bee it's swollen so.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

"You can either go out the window, or take the stairs."

"I'll take the stairs!"

[​IMG]

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Go see a doctor. Tomorrow. Maybe even go straight to urgent care or the ER. Might be a bad sprain but my money's on the worse one of the two possibilities.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That is so solid.

bubbler, hope you heal quick dude. I walk up and down the stairs in my house at least a dozen times a day, and I think about this every time. I'll echo the go to the doctor advice. If nothing else, you can get something better than Tylenol for your pain.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Amazingly, Sesame Street was on hand with cameras to capture Bubbler's fall and put it at the end of this montage:

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Anybody else getting the stair-treads.com ad? Makes me wonder if there's any type of ad that can't be generated by Google.

And, after laughing my ass off at Bubbler for nearly the last five hours, I feel it's only fair that I share my fall on my ass down the steps story as well.

When I was in high school, I was involved in Junior Achievement. JA would hold it's annual international conference every summer at IU-Bloomington. I was goofing off with a friend and realized I was going to be late for an interview. So I'm running like crazy -- there was the chance for a scholarship -- when I come to some stairs. I decide to take them 3 at a time, which wasn't a problem until I come to a landing.

Apparently, my 18-year-old self was not aware that the ceiling drops on stairwells at the same rate as the steps themselves, so when I leap from the fourth step to reach the landing, I crack my skull on the edge of the ceiling, land square on my ass and plop down the last two steps.

I don't think I suffered a concussion because I remember feeling the concrete hit my head and ass. And I remember getting up, walking to a nearby couch to rest, only to feel the blood oozing from the top of my head. So, I miss the interview because I had to get 10 stitches put in my head to stop the bleeding. And I got a huge bruise on my tailbone. And I got loads of ridicule from my friends for the rest of the week.

But I did not go on the DL. Perhaps it's time for Bubbler to Cowboy Up.

8. CentralIllinoisan

Once fell asleep as I descended a set of narrow wooden stairs that led from my attic bedroom to the dining room. About five steps down, I nodded off, missed the next and tumbled head first into the carpet below. Had a rug burn across my face the size of a cold cut, and a broken left wrist that, to this day, still seems poorly healed.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Bubs, get better. I'll even send Geddy Lee if it would help.

:D

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Wait, wait, wait. You fell asleep walking down the stairs? Did I understand that correctly?

11. CentralIllinoisan

I was just waking up and began walking down the stairs. A few steps down, I sort of dozed off, yes.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

You're going to the doctor?

While you're there, have him write you a prescription for two adult-sized male testicles.

Of course, I'm kidding......a hurting wrist can be a bitch.

Draft saved Draft deleted