1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting soooo tired of lol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Chris - There are probably drugs you can take for that... for your "going problem."

I think *snap* is past it's hey day.

But look - we really shouldn't discourage each other from telling each other what's funny. I'd hate to see a bunch of funny posts ignored because somebody who found it funny thought to himself, "That was damn funny, but I can't think of anything creative or cutting-edge enough for this group's high standards. So I'll just skip it."

2. Luggie - SMYT has also seemed to have run its course ;D

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Hey, why are you talking bad about me? :mad: :mad:

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Way, way, way too much information.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Whoa! Whoa!

Sixty-nine assholes tied in a knot? That is an extremely peculiar reference, I mean really peculiar. Were you, by chance in BBYO?

PM me.

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

The one that always confuses me comes online when I am ordering something or applying for a job.

It is ddmmyy.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Here's something I find kind of tired and worn out:

Someone starts a thread, and someone responds with an affirmation, and then someone else plays devil's advocate in a smart-ass way, and the person that starts the thread gets defensive, and then someone else chimes in to support the original post, and then support for the contrary position emerges, and then people start calling each other names, and then someone hijacks the thread, then someone complains about the momentum of the hijacking, and the next shift comes on and adds substance to the original topic, only to be met with more angry rants from both sides just looking for a fight, and then the topic becomes political, and the usual pissing matches find a new home, and someone asks people to keep the politics out of the thread, and someone reminds us this is why one political thread would be best, and then the original poster clarifies the original post, and people renew their arguments and redraw their lines in the sand, and then a moderator steps in and warns that the thread is dangerously close to crossing the line because of the NSFW posts and pictures nobody saw because they were removed too quickly for anybody to see them, and then everyone asks what they missed, and nobody knows, and it becomes this big thing, and then the thread finally gets back on track, and then it dies for a day or two, and languishes on Page 3, and then someone who was busy for two days finds it and restarts the whole argument, and someone really likes that take and declares the thread ended, and then someone says they hate when someone does that, and then someone says too bad, and then someone lists their own pet peeve, and then you get five pages of pet peeves, and then someone starts a new thread on pet peeves.

Is it just me, or does that happen a lot here?

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Something that REALLY happens a lot on this site is someone will go in and talk about the natural evolution of a thread in a really convoluted way, pointing out every twist and turn. :D

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Nice riff, Johnny.

Very nice.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I couldn't answer that question, but the Dodgers are making a run at 1st place because the Republicans like to lick crotch rot while Democrats sniff the dirty gooches of crack whores. And you're a pencil neck geek, Charlie Brown.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I just spit Coke Zero on my keyboard, as I began to LOL, continued to LMAO, and finally ROFAPMPL.
    WTF?
    DTGDTN!
    TIA.
    EOT,
    FWIW, IMHO.

12. Montezuma's Revenge

But Starman, you forgot to STFU. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted