1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting soooo tired of lol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I just spit beer water on the screen.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Lugs,

I'm going to regret this, but ...

RASNCD?

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oh, c'mon! Everybody's using that one now. It's kind of dirty, so I don't want to post what it means.

Do a couple of web searches on it-- You'll figure it out.

4. I'm glad this thread got started, and I'm glad Kokane brought this one up. I myself have been thinking about it for a while, but didn't want to start a whole thread on it.

Seriously, how many of you have actually spit something on your computer screen because you found it so funny?

Don't get me wrong. There is some funny stuff posted on here. But I've never seen anything that would make me lose complete control and hurl my beverage of choice all over my computer. Personally, I find said description a bit gross and a lot bit immature. I mean, even if you did do it, you think everyone else really wants to hear it?

People are fond of describing this place as an Internet version of a neighborhood bar. How many of you spit out your beer all over someone telling you a joke? For your safety, I hope it's very few of you.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

No luck.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have refrained from spitting on my screen, but I suspect a couple of middle school teachers have had sex on my keyboard.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm glad you guys mentioned the fun with quotes. Just tremendously overplayed. The payoff (joke) is 99.9% of the time not worth the effort of trying to figure out the change.

And then sometimes someone will not quite have the quote function mechanism correct, and their reply is somewhere in the quote. I think.

FWIW, I like lol.

To me, it's just a quick tip of a hat, to say that you are amused.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why so much angst over this stuff? It's just Internet shorthand and differing opinions of what's humorous. Enjoy what you enjoy, ignore or tolerate what you don't. I mean, someone saying they spit Pepsi on the screen....SFW? It's their way of saying they found something to be funny.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

There's no angst, dools, we're just giving our opinions on what we think is played out or not funny.

But I know you use fun with the quotes sometimes, and it's nothing personal. I've done it myself.

10. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Count me as one of those who roll their eyes every time they talk about spitting their coke on the screen.

Are that many people so spastic that they have no control over their bodily functions?

I also wish there were a way to get rid of the "fun with the quotes" function.

That one annoys me 100 times more often than it amuses me.

Just one man's opinion ...

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^Angst^^^^^^^

But, seriously, I know it's one man's opinion. But you really think that's the thing the board needs to get rid of right now? Truly?

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

How about FU?

Draft saved Draft deleted