1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting soooo tired of lol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

DTGDTN!

;D

Fenian keeps his favorite, WPE.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

See, I've gotten filled in on some of the SportsJournalists.comisms, like NIAFL, but I still don't know what the above two mean.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

This thread came a day too late for me. For the first time in my life, I wrote LOL yesterday. I caved to the pressure.

I'm now: HMHIS (Hanging my head in shame)

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I hate when posters say they've spit water or coffee on the screen from laughing.

I call bullshit on all those moments.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Same thing for when people claim they did that on Jim Rome.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

We can -- and should -- do better than "LOL" and "lol" on this board.

The others -- STFU, WTF, etc. -- have some comic value in various ways. There's not much that tickles me about the use of the dreaded l-o-l when we're capable of so many more clever ways of conveying a response. I like that we seem to be a few notches above the usual online message board, and when we're not, it's not interesting or stimulating.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

For me, 'fun with the quote function' is wearing the leather jacket and strapping on the water skis right about now.

It's too much of a pain to go back and find the original quote, then try to figure out which word or words were changed.  By that time, you're no longer in the mood to find it funny.

Just make the joke outright.

On another note, Buck's posts on the HGH thread last night were really funny.  Now there's a guy who can write a joke.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

;D

I am going straight to hell. Sorry.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I would love to do away with the ability to change quotes.   It's usually not even close to funny.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

RASNCD

Draft saved Draft deleted