1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting SI for $20 a year!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 26, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Nope.

2. boots

boots New Member

Thanks. I've had problems with the United States Postal Service. Two years ago, they arrested my carrier. The fucker had mail, some of it mine, stashed in his locker.
    Since then, I've had a lot of mail people. Don't trust the postal service but I'll be checking to see if I get the same deal. If not, I'll call.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Esquire and GQ for $8. Nice Amazon sale they had recently.

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Playboy, $20.

Good stories and naked chicks.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I subscribed to SI for years, with $1 an issue as my limit. When they went to $1.29, I e-mailed that I would renew at the old rate, but heard nothing. I thought they would quickly make me another offer, but none came til the same $39 for 1 year plus six months free in August. I didn't miss it, but renewed at the new rate.
    The "give me the old rate or I'll cancel" works well with newspapers. The two dailies I subscribe too always give me a lower price when I call and ask.

6. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I'm getting XXL for $12 a year. ;D

7. TheSportsPredictor

DiscountMagazines.com has tons of mags for $5.95 for a year, including solid entries such as GQ, New Yorker, Vanity Fair, and Texas Monthly (which seems to have a story in the best sportswriting collection every year).

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Leader in the clubhouse for Freudian Slip post of the year.

9. TheSportsPredictor

lol, should have known it was too good to be true:

Conde Nast the publisher of GENTLEMENS QUARTERLY GQ, the magazine you requested, has forbidden its sale on the internet by DISCOUNTmagazines.com and other web based businesses that pass the savings on to you. BELOW ARE SUGGESTED REPLACEMENTS

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

My wife is going to hate that you mentioned this site after I get through subscribing. The New Yorker for less than six bucks! On the stands, it's $4.95 every week.

Have you subscribed through this site? Is it legit?

Edit: Upon further review, Conde Nast won't let the New Yorker be sold for that cheap, either.

11. TheSportsPredictor

I did subscribe to a couple others on that site; they took my money so we'll see if they're legit.

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Is that offer good in Canada? I am paying big bucks to get mine and would love to get it for a cheaper rate.

Draft saved Draft deleted