1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting out of the garage!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Feb 1, 2008.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Oh Sam, that's the only draw back. Standard theatre schedules are 8 shows a week: evening shows Tuesday through Saturday plus matinees on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. No more Battalion games for me. On the plus side though, I won't see any Leaf games. :D

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Congrats HC!!!!

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That is a bonus, HC. I'm pretty sure Mo would agree with you by now. :D

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Congratulations HC!

Break a leg!

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Congratulations HC! I'm sure you'll kick ass!

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Sound of Music?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Break a leg, HC!

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how much HC wanted this major league gig. It's an Andrew Lloyd Webber, David Ian and David Mirvish production and will be the North American premiere of the fabulously successful London show.

I think I've been as stressed out as HC over the last few weeks.

Downside is our schedules will mean we're not going to see much of each other.

No celebration tonight because of the storm but we'll be going out tomorrow night.

9. HC --
    Is there any possible way you can do the show without performing "So Long, Farewell," which is not only the worst song in the history of musical theater, it's the worst song in the history of Indo-European languages?
    Please.
    Two grateful nations will thank you.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

WFW.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I can only promise that I won't be singing it in the show. But the bugger gets in my head and I end up singing it unconciously while doing the dishes.
    I disagree that it's the worst song in the history of Indo-European languages though. I see your "So Long Farewell" and raise you a "Lonely Goatherd" sir.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye,
    Good bye

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted