1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jun 2, 2008.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Great! SC on drugs. This could save a boring afternoon.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sooo.... you're not making a return appearance at Webby's birthday party?

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine and Dr. Howard....

[​IMG]

5. I'm with everybody who says it was overrated. I think you just hear it from your parents or older people who underwent the procedure before the drugs and the equipment got good.

I was sore, but never in pain. They knocked me out, and the only side effect was I fainted for the only time in my life about 20 minutes after I came to. That was actually kind of cool.

I ate ice cream for a week (Haagen Daz dulce de leche) and actually lost like 5 pounds, though I did start jonesing for some actual food and it took another 2 weeks before all the stitches were out.

And save some of the drugs if you can. I managed to spread my stash out over a good year, providing a pick me up when getting drunk just wouldn't do.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My regular dentist told me he was going to take my last two out then stopped while trying to dig out the second one. I was in the chair, groggy with about 10 shots of novacaine in my gums, when he tells me that the root of the tooth is wrapped around a nerve and he'd rather have a dental surgeon handle it. So he stuffs my mouth with a bunch of gauze and gives me driving directions to the dental surgeon's office. Yes, he told me to drive myself over. It worked out OK in the end but I should have sued the motherfucker.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They had to drill one of mine out. That's the only place that hurts right now.

And cran, that sucks ginormous donkey balls.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Why in the hell are you still awake?

My dear.......take a shot of whiskey, followed by some of your pain medicine.....log off this damn site for a while, and get some shut-eye.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

sc! Glad you made it out alive! :D

I wonder if my dentist was just trying to test my manhood when he took mine out back in the day.

All three were still completely under the gums, so he cut them open, drilled each tooth into four pieces while they were still in the gums, then yanked each piece out.

Oh, did I mention all he used was a LOCAL?

He must have used enough, though, because I felt no pain. There was lots of pressure, cracking, smoke and blood flying, though. The worst part was I got sick that night from all the blood draining down my throat.

They did give me a cool little necklace that contained all the pieces of my teeth, though. I'm kinda pissed I don't know what I did with it...

10. sportschick

Oh, I just woke up for about 15 minutes ago. I'll be back to sleep shortly, trust me.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Read the sentence you just typed.

Giggle.

Wince in pain.

Sleep.

12. sportschick

Ha! You an all mock me now :D

Draft saved Draft deleted