1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, SC, you're sending me your leftover percs, right?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You're assuming there will be leftovers . . .

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

But, SC, the way I see it is that I have no control over whether this whole thing goes well or not. So why lose sleep over it?

Que sera sera, or whatever.

My biggest worry is that, if past history is any indication, I lose 99% of my inhibitions when I'm knocked out. Last time I was knocked out for a medical procedure, when I came to, I started making dick jokes to the nurse.

4. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

That's awesome.

5. I just want to add that I was soooooo worried about getting my teeth taken out.

It turned out to be incredibly overrated. I never hurt at any point. Never so much as a twinge. Three of my teeth were "impacted," too.

It's not a big deal.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Yeah, not a big deal. Why, when I got mine out, once the dentist grabbed the big pliers, put his foot on my chin and pulled, it was like nothing at all!

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I had mine out by a Marine Corps "dentist." He used, what I think, were pliers and a machete.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

9. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

when they ask you if you want vicodin or percocet, choose "all of the above."

10. sportschick

Some of you are sooooooooooooooooo Dead. To. Me!!!!!

Anyway, my teeth are going. My bottom left jaw is killing me. I just took two pills from the bottle they gave me, and I'm going to bed.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Your teeth are "going"

aren't they already gone?

12. sportschick

Gone, dammit! Fucking drugs.

I still can't feel by bottom lip, and they told me to eat something before I took the pain pills. NOT POSSIBLE!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted