1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jun 2, 2008.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Oh and this is how married to the job I am -- I'm waking up early so I can call the U, get the latest info and write a story on their women's basketball coaching search before I get my teeth yanked...

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Your doc let you get them yanked that late? I asked for an afternoon appointment, and they told me I had to have it done early so that if I had problems they were in the office. I've been scamed!

We should so share drug induced thoughts! On this thread, for the rest of SportsJournalists.com to laugh at :D

3. amraeder

Sounds like a plan! I don't think my doc thinks mine are going to be any big deal. They're just the top too, and IIRC, you're are hiding while mine are out in their full glory. I just hope I get good sedatives or whatever. I want to me as ignorant as to what they're doing in my mouth as possible.

4. sportschick

Three of mine are at least partially hidden. It's sooooooooooooo not fair, dammit!

5. amraeder

Yeah, that sucks. I felt really good when they told me I'd only ever get 2 wisdom teeth.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I had two out and the procedure was in-an-out. The novacain shot actually hurt worse than the actual pulling. Doc gave me a whole bottle of percs....didn't need em and sold them to a drug-addicted friend for 5-dollars a pop. (Had no idea of how bad his addiction was at the time and if I had known probably wouldn't have sold them) But kept a couple for myself, made a few bucks....everyone was happy.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Good luck, SC! Had mine taken out when i was 16, and the horror stories were quite misleading. The Vicodin knocked me out, and the pain subsided within a day (had chipmunk cheeks for 3 more days, though.) Hope yours goes well ...

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

One bit of seriousness and then we can return to our normal programming:

Under no circumstances -- like ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER -- should you give/sell your prescription drugs to anyone. If that person -- whether it be family, friend or homeless bum -- ends up getting fucked up on those drugs, you will get fucked up too, but in a completely different way. An overambitious prosecutor can have you charged with several felonies. You may be on the business end of a wrongful death lawsuit. Even if you get lucky and end up with no actual civil or criminal liability, your life and finances will be a mess when you are done. It simply isn't worth it.

This has been a special news bulletin. We now return your to your normal threadjacking and obscure references.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey, i can make sure, can't i?

10. amraeder

Wow, we're sitting here happily talking about the massive amount of pain we're going to be in and PDB has to come in and be a downer.

Jerk :)

11. sportschick

Stuff like that is why lawyers have such a bad rep :D

12. amraeder

Haha, seriously!

Draft saved Draft deleted