1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jun 2, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm still swollen, although it's down to where I can smile and get my mouth open enough to eat most things (yea, have fun with that guys).

I'm also alternating my good pills with some generic Aleve, so I'm not in nearly as much pain as I was on Monday when I was popping one every 3 hours or so.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So, hypothetically, I may have inherited five vicodin. I took half of one before a nap on the day I returned from Seattle, and another half that night when I went to bed.

Tonight, I took a full one AND took some cough syrup (my voice still isn't back). Yet, I've now been awake for three hours with no effect. Goddammit. Why doesn't this shit work on me??

3. imjustagirl

I had been told that if this were a real situation, taking another one would not be a good idea.

Are you telling me it's imaginarily OK?

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

take a couple of imaginary shots with the vic.

5. imjustagirl

Thanks, buck. If I ever find myself in this exact situation, I'll think of this.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This is why I love SportsJournalists.com.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm guessing that theoretically Buck's advice worked.

8. imjustagirl

No. That's for future use, Angola!, if I ever find myself in that situation.

In this situation? I fell asleep at 9:30, exhausted off my ass. Woke up at 10:45, may have self-medicated, and haven't slept for 5 hours. I have to get up 5 hours to write a really important story and do two even more important interviews.

And I can't freaking sleep.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn. I thought you were offline. Well, you could drink a bunch of beer, have some important talks with someone and push a few others and I bet you'd fall asleep.

10. imjustagirl

I didn't drink that much beer that night, and I only pushed you.

It's not my fault you didn't put weights on your ankles, you bony motherfucker.

Draft saved Draft deleted