1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting married tomorrow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Aug 17, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Well, it's all over -- thanks to everybody for the wise words, and even the simply entertaining ones.

We survived my mother-in-law, sequestered cats shitting all over our bed, the stereo system blowing up, the caterer getting locked out of the ceremony site, a blown fuse, the threat of rain and having to change hotel rooms three times in 12 hours when our 1,000-square-foot deluxe wedding hotel suite somehow became a standard room. Even with all that, a rousing success.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i only wish someone had given me this advice: start giving your MIL a slow but steady diet of cyanide. start now, not later.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is funny, but it raises a somewhat serious question: When my wife gripes about my mother, I get mad. Like, really mad. She uses the term "evil" when discussing how oddly my mother acted in the year or so before we moved in together. My mom would tell my future wife that I had no plans on moving to where she was when that was always the plan. I say it was a mother trying to delude herself into thinking her beloved son was going to live at home forever. My wife thinks it was my mom trying to break us up.

She says she uses the word "evil" as an exaggeration, but that kinda hurts, you know? I mean, fuck, she's my mom. She's not evil. I say evil should only be used for evil things, like people who kill dogs and the JRC.

Thoughts from the men in the audience whose wives aren't always enamored with your moms? (have fun with that, quote function fuckers!)

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Congratulations, Arnold! The drugs you gave her rendered her unable to escape!

A coup for you, I say.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

just thought i'd raise the anticipation bar just a touch. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted