1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting married tomorrow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I understand that arguing is part of any relationship, and learning how to argue with each other is really important. That's not what certain unnamed posters were doing in this thread. I was admonishing their bad behavior.

And I'll take a Fat Tire, newb. :D

2. Born to Run

Born to Run Member

Wow, you do sound like my wife, Cadet.
    Two more essential words in any marriage: Yes, ma'am.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think it would take him five years to live that down.

4. BTR: How dare you!

Just teasin. We'll all make some money off this before it's finished.

Oh, and happy wedding day to OP.

As far as Cadet's stuff: You really think what was said earlier was bad? Goodness gracious.

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

All the stuff about together time is true. Here's one more thing, which you probably won't have to worry about since you're nowhere near as young and almost certainly not as stupid as I was when I was married:

DO NOT push the cake into your wife's mouth at the wedding. It's been 23 great years, but she hasn't forgotten that one yet. I think that beats the baseball game on the anniversary.

6. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

Congrats!!
    Marriage is the best thing -- my relationship couldn't be stronger, and we're 10 years in. Advice?? Enjoy each other. Don't take life too seriously - just b/c you're married doesn't mean you're suddenly your parents.

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I was warned about that ahead of time. Yeah, there are times when you get a somewhat stern warning, don't eat anything now we're going to dinner, don't drink too much, stop harrassing the cats, etc. You break it and maybe you get a disappointed look.

With the cake thing though, she meant business. So I minded my manners.

Arnold, congrats, man. Someone mentioned laughter, and I'll second that. There's nothing better than sharing a funny moment; those are the things you'll remember most 30 years from now.

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

When I got married a bit over a year ago, promised myself I wouldn't be the guy who bitches about his wife. Fortunately, she doesn't provide many reasons for me to bitch about her, but I think not being that guy is important.

Marriage is great. Enjoy it.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wonderful dinners + hummers = TP admitting he's wrong. ... i ain't gettin' neither at SportsJournalists.com. ;D

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

anyone who settles a disagreement with the urban dictionary is solid in my book.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm sorry cadet, i was wrong. (take that murciélago ;))

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The best marriages are when both partners think they got the best end of the deal.

Good luck. I also got married later than normal and hit the big 18-year mark soon. Hard work but it can work, and always remember to look at the big picture when she asks you to go shopping with her for the fourth time that week (Shopping sucks. Buying is good).

Draft saved Draft deleted