1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting married tomorrow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Aug 17, 2007.

1. chazp

chazp Active Member

[blue] If she puts highlights in her hair or cuts it, for God's shake notice. It'll be death to you if you don't. [/blue] Don't stop dating her when you get married. Example - My wife recently told me (we've been married 12 years) that holding her hand and opening the door for her still means something to her, and she's glad I still do it. Also, continue to assure her of your love as often as you can. Be able to laugh at your mistakes. Be forgiving, because you may not always agree, but you still love each other. Congrats. Hope you two all the happiness a couple can find in life.

2. I thought this was a thread about marriage, homes.

I don't feel the need to say "I was wrong" to my wife very often. If I'm living every day for her and our daughter, you know, that generally keeps things in a happy place where people don't go wrong.

If you think I'm full of shit on this, well, you're wrong.

Weeeee. :-*

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Congratulations, Arnold.

Not married, so my only advice is to tell her how much you love her often and put the toilet seat down.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Do you bring up stuff that happened 10 years ago all the time?

:D Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyhoo, best of luck Arnold from a fellow member of Night Crew Classic.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

actually, i think it's Holmes, and good luck in divorce court.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

pssst. the new night crew refers to you guys as the "old bastards." ;)

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

mazel tov

single with no plans to wed, so i'll forego the advice and stick with best wishes for you and yours

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You and my cane will get along smashingly, TP.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

;D

and hey, dammit, you never put a smiley thingie behind that.

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I hope you've been together long enough that she fully understands and is ready to accept all that comes with the line of work you're in. That means working weekends, nights and holidays, missing dinners and family get-togethers, perhaps being out of town on your anniversary or her birthday, etc.

Good luck.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Sound advice from Kokane. I would also point out that you should make the most of your time together. If she is a doctor and you are a beat writer, you both will have crazy schedules. But make the most of whatever little time you guys do you have. Be it 15 minutes before you go to work or whatever. A relationship can fall apart in a hurry if you never see each other.

Good luck and congratulations.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Congrats.

Don't buy expensive jewelry for the first birthday and anniversary, because you'll have to top it every year.

Have fun together. Don't get in a habit of coming home exhausted and plopping in front of the TV.

If you have kids, make time for yourselves.

If you have one kid and then consider having another, don't think that two won't be that much harder than one. With kids 1+1=3.

Best wishes.

Draft saved Draft deleted