1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting a new car...help me make my decision

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, Jul 14, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Really? I'm 5-7 and find myself VERY uncomfortable for leg room in my Sentra.

2. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

he sits in the back seat and drives.

3. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Haha, no. Do you have a new one? I don't know about the old ones. In fact, a girl I dated in college had I'd say an early 2000s one and yeah, it was tiny. But the one I drove yesterday had plenty of leg and head room. It was also loaded with some pretty sweet features.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Nice then. Yeah, mine's a 2000. And when I put my feet down by the pedals, my knees still hit the steering column. It sucks. I have long legs, but sheesh!

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

http://www.heightsite.com/8_auto/guide-buy/8g-mainpage.htm

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I was fortunate in my car hunt and got a 2004 Camry for about 3/4 of what it was worth. I'd highly recommend a Camry if you can get your hands on one. I love it.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'd recommend not buying anything...until winter rolls around. You'll do much better in terms of getting a deal at the end of the year because of the current model taking up space and the new models being trucked in daily. Plus, no one is buying a car in January or February. I worked as a car salesman for about six months when I took a year off from college so I have a pretty decent idea about how that business operates.

8. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

also, wait till the end of the month too. they are more likely to cut a deal then.

9. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

I thought all the "new year's" models came out in like September. If I wait much longer I'll lose the value I have on my car right now with 140k miles on it.

10. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

I'll probably end up getting something not this coming week, but the following, which will be near the end of the month. So yay for me.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Anyone got thoughts on the Nissan Xterra? I liked the used one I test drove, but the interior was made of cheap. I'm looking at a new/used SUV similar to the late, great Blue Monday (my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee that ate a Lexus in the side a few months ago). Figure on spending 15-20K, though I can go a little higher for a new car since it'll be a longer contract at a lesser price. Everyone pimps the Honda Pilot, but that's a bit pricy from what I can tell.

Thoughts?

Oh and mltru: I'd go with the Malibu, because nowadays even a Chevy can go 150,000 if you treat it right.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Mystery Meat, I love my Escape. I got a 2005 fully loaded for $23K (Cdn) in January. Sunroof, A/C, leather seats and power everything, including seats. It's been great.

mltru, while I've heard Kia has improved, just walk up and tap around on the body of the car. Sounds like a tin can. Can't be good. Down with what everyone says about the Caliber. Plus, the visibility is shit.

Have heard great things about the Fusion.

Draft saved Draft deleted