1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm engaged.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Jan 8, 2009.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Hey, BBAM ... I know a DJ. Yeeeeees.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Awesome.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

You know that's nearly three years in SportsJournalists.com time, right?

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't forget to invite all your e-buddies!

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I always wondered what happened to her.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh and BBAM, the girl probably already knows this, but Facebook has an application to keep all your friends updated on your wedding plans.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Book Green Day now. Their dates fill pretty quickly.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Happy birthday, buddy!

May I suggest you visit this site to celebrate: www.whoppersacrifice.com

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Congrats! Be sure to book the place for the wedding way, way in advance. You can't believe how far out they get booked up.

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Congrats, BBAM!

A friend of mine tied the knot two years ago and, since he's an amateur brewer, he and his wife made a heffeweizen for their reception. Not only did it save them a ton on the drink bill that night, but it was something the rest of us were discussing days later (specifically, how he had managed to brew a batch using our supplies and closet space without any of us knowing).

Since then, three friends of mine have gotten hitched, and all weddings had some sort of DIY element like the beer. It has yet to come off as anything but cool. Just a thought.

Best wishes.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

BBAM - you need to have a budget and know about how many people you're inviting.
    Once you know how big (or small) a wedding you're planning then you two can decide which venues are appropriate to visit and talk about.

Same goes for the caterer - try to schedule visits for tastings when you can both go.
    Band vs. DJ is something you two need to discuss - I was just giving my input there. Once you decide which way to go, you need to make time together to see the DJ or band in action at an event.

Remember - a good decorator/florist can make even a plain room look spectacular.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Blame it on BBAM

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted