1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm done writing tab stories! YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxer, Aug 8, 2008.

1. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Just hit the save button on the last of 17 team previews, 13 of which were knocked out in the last two days. That was on top of four big-ass features that I pretty much had done a week ago.

I think I'll go home and open a cold one.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Open a cold six or seven.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't much miss local sportswriting. I wrote 12 25-inch previews in a day last year.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

BR-R-R-R-RING!
    BR-R-R-R-RING!

"Hey, pressboxer ... um, this kind of sucks. The server died. ... No, we never backed it up. Ever. ... Not in three years. As near as I can tell, your preview stuff is lost forever. ... That's right. ... Man, we can't even get the thing to boot back up. ... Yeah, well, that's why I called. How fast can you reproduce them? Is Monday too soon?"

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Wow. I hope you had the next day off, Xan.

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Actually, there were some issues about two weeks ago with some stories disappearing. I, of course, hadn't put anything into the system at that point. (Who said procrastination doesn't have its advantages?) I took the precaution of saving all the big features on a flash drive and still have all the interviews for the previews on my recorder. I might just be able to get it all done by Tuesday, but that would mean putting in overtime.

7. dargan

dargan Active Member

Finished tab stories today, too.

I can't wait for football season to start.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Gee, it's great to know you guys are crowing about doing your fucking jobs.

9. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Wah wah....

10. dargan

dargan Active Member

It's great to know you still have no soul.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Practice just started in your state this week. Why did you have to have all your crap done already? Is your tab coming out 3 weeks early?

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Try covering 80 schools and doing separate sections for football, boys soccer and girls soccer..plus daily pages for six "minor" sports.
    The come talk to me, asshole.

Draft saved Draft deleted