1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Done With Starbucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Word, JR. Any luck on getting a Tim Horton's or two in my part of the world? While my body doesn't need a box of Timbits and the occasional order of hot cocoa, the wonders I would do for the economy and a little extra bike work just might compensate. :-\

Back on topic ... I don't drink coffee anyway. Can't miss what you don't know. :)

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Caribou is the truth, the light, and the way.

All around, much better coffee than Starbucks.

But good luck finding one.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Proof of the caffeine difference. Usually I get a Starbucks either right before or after my train to work. But one morning, for reasons I can't quite remember, I ended up in a Caribou. Normally if I have a Starbucks at 8, I don't feel the mid-afternoon lull until, well, mid-afternoon. With the Caribou coffee (an americano, just like I get at Starbucks), I felt the mid-afternoon lull about 10:30.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Found out they have a Caribou in the rich suburbs west of here. Might get some tomorrow morn before my high school football playoff. What should I get?

(this is assuming, of course, I haven't been thrown in a supermax by then)

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Starbucks coffee = Monster video cables.

P.T. Barnum's wet dream.

And if I crave an 800-calorie peppermint whatchamacallit with whipped cream and chocolate chips. . . I'll just go to Dairy Queen and get a milkshake.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

If only you were my Secret Santa recipient, I'd know where to get your present!

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Here's one guy's take on Starbucks. ;D

Couldn't have said it better myself.

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

You should tell them "no water" and then it's two-thirds tea and one-third ice.

Ha, no...I don't like kids. However, you'd be surprised - a lot of the 20 somethings I've worked with at my stores have kids.

As for the tea, it's my other favorite drink (aside from the caramel apple cider)...and SB offers it sweeted with a "classic" (i.e. simple sugar, no flavor) syrup...I'm a big sweet tea fan myself, so I get the black tea with extra syrup.

Of course, the tea we use is Tazo tea, so you could also just buy it at safeway/fred meyers/other grocery store and brew it yourself.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bob --

Have you considered snorting crystal meth?

That'll get you through the day.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I glanced at this thread the other day, and I've been craving a capuccino ever since.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Consider it payback Buck..

Ever since your wrote about your encounter I've been craving a quesadilla.

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only one, FH. Chevron makes as good a cup a coffee as I'll ever want.

Draft saved Draft deleted