1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Done With Starbucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 30, 2006.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Here I was thinking I was the only one.

I'll die of an aspartame overdose before I set foot in a coffee house.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm not a fan of Starbucks coffee but I am seriously addicted to their black iced tea...unsweetened.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've had Starbucks before. Doesn't taste better or worse than other places.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This is where Starbucks infuriates me. I love that iced tea, unsweetened...but if you don't tell them light on the ice, you get a pound of ice....and half an ounce of tea. I mean, it's water with tea flavor, it doesn't cost them anything to pour a little more, for $3.95.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have no comment at this time...

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Venti black iced tea cost 2 bucks plus tax...and I always tell them half the ice so I don't get a cupful of ice and and ounce and a half of tea.

And the first Starbucks drive-thru has just opened in New Jersey.

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

I think I live in the only city in North America with a population more than 30,000 that does not have a Starbucks.
    But we have "the Dunk," and the gingerbread latte I had last night was good and a shade under $3 for a medium.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That may be ducky!

Hey so why is a barrister a lawyer and a barrista and minimum wage coffee pourer? Doesn't seem fair.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah, shocking that starbucks rakes in so much money.

my random nobody-gives-a-shit contribution to this thread:

i went by the original starbucks when i was in seattle last year. it's sort of a landmark. big fucking deal.

i don't drink coffee and my wife, who does, hates starbucks coffee. so i'm rarely in one except to use the bathroom when i'm out and about. but i hate having to ask for the key for the bathroom. it's like i'm announcing to someone else (or asking permission, I guess, but they never refuse to give it so i'm not really asking - i'm telling them to give me the key) to take a shit.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Might have to try the iced tea -- though I prefer my tea sweet.

My biggest beefs with Starbucks have been the long wait times (10-15 minutes for a frappuchino) and the fact that they sometimes run out of simple ingredients -- such as chocloate chips. During a span of three weeks (4-5 visits), everytime I went to my Starbucks they were out of chocolate chips.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Funny thing is ... I love 7-Eleven's french vanilla cappuccino. $1.39 for a steaming hot 16-ouncer (an even $1.50 w/ tax), and I'm good to go. ... And gotta say their Hershey's hot chocolate ain't half-bad, either.

Go figure.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Actually, there's been a Starbucks drive-thru in Cherry Hill, NJ for at least a few years.

I participated in a focus group awhile back that turned out to be on behalf of Caribou Coffee. It was very interesting. There were about 20 participants and at least 12 of them went to Starbucks every morning. Of that group, about 9 said that they actually don't like Starbucks coffee, but that they go there because it's convenient and they need coffee in the morning. I was the only person who didn't find Starbucks coffee to be bitter (by contrast, I find that no matter what I order at Caribou, it's bitter). Overall, I'm an infrequent Starbucks customer. I don't drink that much coffee to begin with, and there's a local place I like, mainly because they have a lot of comfortable chairs and it's a good place to hang out.

Draft saved Draft deleted