1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Done With Starbucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 30, 2006.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Depends on finding the right store. I just moved to a brand new store 10 days ago and we're still working out the kinks. At my old store, we knew the regulars' drinks so well that if there was any sort of line, their drink (even the complicated ones like an iced venti vanilla shots over ice topped with heavy whipping cream americano) was ready and waiting when they got to the register to pay.

My new store? Way guilty of people just standing around, mostly because we're expecting to be busier than we currently are. My old store? It rarely happened.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

And, really, $2.75 for just coffee? Our largest (plain) coffee, with tax, is $1.90.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Zing! Although he does live on the East Coast, they like to charge more out there.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Gimme a caramel apple cider.

I'll make my own daggone coffee.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Never been in one, never saw the need, never had the desire...

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

a "barista" eh?

is that italian for "guy that pours coffee"?

::)

7. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Mmm....I love them. The only bad part is that the cider/caramel cider are the ONLY SB drinks that we can't get as our "partner beverages" for free while we're working.

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Not in my case. :-D

9. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I agree that there should be a coffee-only line, but I'll give credit where credit's due. The Starbucks I frequent downtown moves through a line of 20 people in about 3 minutes, and that's with 15 of them ordering dopey 800-calorie drinks. Plus, 50-cent coffee refills all day if you want to come down.

10. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Also, if they ever offer free WiFi, it's about over for the other shops, I'm afraid.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Maybe fretallian?

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I also suck down the tea/lemonade combos in the summer.
    I'll make my own coffee, thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted