1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Done With Starbucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 30, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And for desert: Twatwaffles!

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Ok - in a weak moment I broke down. I needed a cup of coffee badly and Starbucks appeared to be only coffee shop in area.

I was reminded why I started my boycott in first place. Well dressed lady in front of me orders a Venti "Holiday" blend coffee. Cashier explains that they brewed "Christmas" blend which is almost the same. Lady insists on "Holiday" blend. Cashier claims they can't handle special coffee requests at rush hour ( Its ok though to order a triple mocha valencia skim no whip though). She asks for the manager who claims they are out of holiday blend. She points to retail display and asks that he grind some. He says it can't be done. Me- I leave without my coffee, reminded why I started my self imposed ban.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Look, Starbucks cannot be imposing its Christian agenda on the rest of the world. If someone doesn't want to drink Christmas, she shouldn't have to. Just be grateful she didn't call her lawyer and file a religious discrimination suit....you'd probably still be there giving depositions.

4. Dunkin Donuts - I'll have a large regular (coffee with cream and sugar for you non Northestern shmoes) - in and out in less than 5 minutes (sometimes with a lowfat blueberry muffin).

5. Christmas to me is not like coffee at all. It is more like Razzles - a candy and a gum all in one. For kids its candy - all good - gifts for everyone. For adults its a gum that quickly loses its flavor.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Christmas is becoming like blue raspberry candy for me -- as a kid you appreciate the tart sweetness and the fact that it's blue, while as an adult I look at it and think "god, this is unnatural"

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The only thing I know about ouzo is that the 4077 got so plastered on it that one time that they didn't realize their Passover lamb was actually Spam (Radar let the real lamb free by having Henry sign its release papers, you'll recall).

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Boom, you came up to Canada without calling? :)

Ok, but Boom, if you wanna be a real Tim's regular you gotta order a "large double-double". Nothing else will do. Otherwise, you're just slumming.

10. Boom_70

JR - Tim Horton's is starting to hit CT and RI. I can enjoy without needing a passport.

Next visit I will order a "large double- double eh"

BTW - I wrote the president of Tim Horton's expressing my outrage that counter help was not better versed in Tim Horton bio.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Did you begin your letter, "I am shocked and appalled....."?

Oh, and Boom, for the full experience, "I'll have a large double-double with an apple fritter, eh"

12. Boom_70

close - "Upon a recent visit to one of your Rhode Island Tim Horton's I was dismayed to find that your counter help had no idea who Tim Horton was. I find this to be an outrage to all hockey fans and more importantly Tim Horton's family. " I urge you to take immediate action to correct this unfortunate situation so that Tim Horton's life is properly honored.

Draft saved Draft deleted