1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Done With Starbucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Have finally hit the wall with Starbucks wasting my time. All I wanted was a stinking cup of coffee.

15 minutes and $2.75 later I finally got my wish. I am tired of playing the fool and dealing with Starbucks idiotic quo where regular coffee drinkers have to wait in same line as those ordering boutique drinks that take forever.

What fools we have been. No more for me. I'm going back to the gas station for day old stuff at .75 .

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Not this guy. Still too hooked on the peppermint mochas and blueberry muffins. That's going to be my final meal before I turn the gun on myself.

EDIT: Blueberry mochas? What in heaven's name was I thinking? I dare someone to make one.

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I quit Starbucks while at my last job. Every break was spent have a coffee there. But, it was giving me MASSIVE heart burn. I eliminated Starbucks, eliminated heart burn and am richer in the long run drinking my Folgers made at home.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Now you'll never get Peter King's autograph.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Goodness. That's a bleak outlook.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Cosmo. Change your sig.

[​IMG]

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

My last experience inside a Starbucks involved a young lady who had apparently never seen a debit card before. But the 10-minute wait for my beverage inside an empty establishment was all worth it when she said "You know, you have a cute voice. And you look like Kevin Spacey. But with hair." ::) [Nothing could be further from the truth, except that I do have hair.]

Nowadays, I just buy their coffee from stores and grind and brew it myself. The wait is far quicker, and I'm a member of that dwindling population that just wants plain, black coffee, thanks.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

*sigh*

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Boom,

Considering you drive a Hummer, the daily gas station coffee ought to be a real time saver for you.

10. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

boom, make this your last starbucks visit: buy one of those single-mug coffee makers. they're on sale at starbucks right now for $60. black and decker makes one for about $45 (and the black and decker one is designed to brew two mugs, if so desired).

i don't drink more than a cup a day, so making a full pot or even a half pot is waste of money. the single-mug makers are great. you can still brew good coffee without resorting to gas station sludge.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Funky - good idea - maybe I'll get one for the hummer. I can plug it into one of the 27 plugs it has. Besides all the gas stations in my area are run by terriorists so I want to avoid them as much as possible.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Starbucks has hot girls working there and hot girls as customers. Never underestimate the power of college coeds and twenty-somethings.

Draft saved Draft deleted