1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i'm desperate: your favorite cheap flight tickets site

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Song Seven, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

i need two tickets round trip from detroit to baltimore this weekend, departing friday 07/08 and returning monday 07/10, as cheap as possible.

if anyone has any good suggestions other than travelocity and expedia, those are much appreciated. thanks to the board in advance.

2. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

try kayak.com...that gets prices from a bunch of places.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I ususally go to southwestair.com before I go anywhere.  Southwest usually has good deals.  Unfortunately, I'm needing a ticket from my town to Chicago for next weekend and can't find it anywhere for under $250.  Hope your luck is better than mine.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Try cheaptickets.com and also check out the Web sites for Southwest and Airtran, I don't know if they serve those cities though.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Priceline works pretty well. Put in how much you're willing to pay (lowball of course) and it'll try to find a flight to match that price.

6. carrie

carrie Active Member

www.airgorilla.com

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Terry.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Southwest's hub is in Baltimore, so he's safe there. Not sure if they serve Detroit though.

9. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

For last-minute deals try site59.com... you'll have to get a car or hotel with the flight but many times it is still cheaper than just buying the flight alone elsewhere.

10. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

A quick check of site59.com shows two tickets from detroit to baltimore including a rental car for $402.39... including all taxes. That's a pretty sweet deal last minute if you ask me.

11. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

SW has me at $380 OTD round trip right now for a single ticket.. i've seen $250 OTD like spup said as the best bet so far. i'll probably go priceline before igo to step two. i got a hotel in midtown manhattan at 52nd and third in 08/02, and a flight to sioux falls in 98, so priceline is 2-for-2 with me so far. knock on wood.

12. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

thanks webby. checking that out right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted