1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm desperate! I need the help of SJ.com!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Dec 10, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I once went from 10 pm to 9 am researching and writing a 20-page paper on the implications of moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Went from having no research done to a 20-page paper in 11 hours. Got an A.

XXXX, quit being an amateur and start playing with the big boys.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That's one way to curb the use of "On the other hand"

I wonder if you could pass it off as fun with the quote function.

3. I once ghosted a term paper for an engineering student pal of mine on the urban design of Montreal. My price was a beer for every page, a mixed drink for the title page, and a pitcher for every grade he got above a B.

32 pages. A.
    Drank for free for a month.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Two weeks before graduation, my future wife the education major was at the end of her rope. I wrote her lesson plan book with minimal input and snagged an A.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You apparently didn't drink much, Fenian. I would've finished the 32 (provided it was cheap, typical college beer) in two sittings.

6. unwitty

unwitty Member

You know what screw this kid.

I'm in graduate school and also the 'lucky guy' who has to grade this crap. If you haven't read the book because you couldn't decipher the 11th from the 18th, then you have larger problems than not getting this paper done. Currently, I’m taking four classes. I have four 20-25 page proposals due by Wednesday. Sack up and do the damn work.

The perpetuation of this type of attitude is why our nation consistently falls behind. And why when I'm going through a three page summary where a college junior can't tell the difference between 'their' and 'there' has me beating my head against a wall.

Then I get an email from some girl who wants me to give her a high grade on her last paper because she needs it to get a 'C' in the course. Never mind the fact that she handed in a paper that was total shit. I'm supposed to be lenient because she can't go home to mommy and daddy with a 'D.' This, my friends, is the future.

Sorry, but I have little sympathy.

End of rant

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I wrote two pages of a nine-pager on the bus heading to class Thursday morning. This kid is an amateur.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Separated at birth: unwitty and Heineken Man.

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Actually, I was nodding all the way through Unwitty's response. What if this guy takes your job when the company decides to offer early retirement and hire cheap kids fresh from college? Is it fair that he is going to have the same degree as the person who busted ass to make a good impression and actually learn something?

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm not disagreeing with y'all. I just sensed a bit of anger coming through the monitor. And that's cool.

Starman likely would hire you to be on his Revenge Squad Force.

11. All I have to input: Fortunately, the majority of folks do NOT think like HeinekenMan and unwitty.

12. Hey, I husbanded the free ones and, given where I went to school, this whole bill came to less than seven bucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted