1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm desperate! I need the help of SJ.com!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Dec 10, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Wow...you can get steaks from cows that are still alive?

[​IMG]

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. Started to say something, but thought I might be overlooking some sort of Canadian thing. Didn't know if it was a situation where they went to the farm and picked out their own dinner or what. But you never know with those crazy Canadians.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Doesn't everybody have a cow in their backyard?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

JR you're missing it (I think).

You said he couldn't have a steak because the cow died. I was pointing out the cow kinda HAS to die to get a steak.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I meant car.
    It was a pre-coffee post

6. XXXX

XXXX Member

i obviously did find a way to get it done. if it wasn't the same way you would have done it so be it, that is why we live in america. everyone has the right to do things their own way. dog was right, you must be the biggest tight ass in the world. i wish i could see your coworkers invite you to the christmas party.
    coworkers: hey KJIM, we're all going out to get some drinks, you wanna come?

KJIM: no i have work to do.

coworkers: come on it's 8:30pm, just give up and come out

KJIM: (falling out of his chair, curling into the fetal position and shaking) WORK...NEEDS...TO...GET...DONE!!!!

coworkers (to each other as they are leaving the building) wow. what a weirdo. dude needs to get laid.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Yes, I'll have fries with that, XXXX.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I went to college for a semester and a half. Like Bud Bundy, city college. Got a job at a newspaper at the same time, and that became my hands-on education. Best 3 years of my life. There are a few on this site who are still in that sports department, so hey guys! Awesome people with which to work. I miss those Friday morning hoops games at Mayfair Park.

As for XXXX, dude, with The Google and search engines galore, there are plenty of ways to glean the info you need to write a paper. Goddamn, if only The Internets was around when I went to city college.

9. XXXX

XXXX Member

"if you want wacarnolds you'll have to come through me. guess what, the mcrib is coming back tommorrow and guess who ain't getting any rhondaa? i got that shit on lock."

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My sister just retired from her job as a university librarian.

She can be prickly at times and one poor student came up to the desk and asked her "for information on the theme of love in Emily Dickinson's poetry".

My sister looked at her and said, "Read the poetry and figure it out for yourself".

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hey JR, the '93 Kings should've won the Stanley Cup!

Oh, wait, what I meant to say is something about your punctuation, ending the last sentence with closed quotes and then a period. Is that proper Canadian? U.S. AP dictates you must put punctuation before the closed quote but I've never been a fan of that.

Oh, and Gilmour cut himself!

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I always get confused about closed quotes and periods.

Same with "its" and "it's".

How does that work again?

Fuck Kerry Fraser. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted