1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm desperate! I need the help of SJ.com!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

On The Ocho!

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You're hired! :D

I really don't have a horse in this derby. It's just that everyone seems to wedgied over this one. Trust me, there are people much less intelligent than XXXX thriving in colleges every day. There are more pressing matters in our edumacation system.

3. A few thoughts on a beautiful thread:

I was a lazy shit in HS because I was smart enough that it didn't matter. I was a lazy shit in college and I got just enough Cs to graduate. Now, I like to think I'm a hard-working S.O.B. that would not let the good name of sports journalism down, just like the rest of you good folk here.
    The kid's a kid. Let him grow up. Hopefully he will. But just because he phoned in one college paper doesn't mean he's doomed to the fast food industry.

That said, when XXXX said he wanted to go into TV, I damn near fell out of my chair. Hell, I'm even laughing again now just referencing it. Absolutely fantastic.

4. XXXX

XXXX Member

yea. your right. my fault. let me give it a shot...

you all call your self journalists, hmm seems to me your all more like BOREalists!

no? oh, it sucked? i'll try to get better at that.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

For the love of humanity, just quit while you're hopelessly behind.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Be sure that you do. We have a proud tradition to maintain here and it will stand, dammit, it will stand.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

XXXX, you're losing the battle. Waive the white flag.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oh my God. Get the fuck out of here right now. That piece of intended-unintended humor made me want to off myself.

9. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

OK, I can't handle it anymore. I don't care what fucking medium you're looking to enter.

YOUR=BELONGS TO YOU
    YOU'RE=CONTRACTED FORM OF YOU ARE.

Get it the fuck straight, noob. Jesus Christ, that's fourth grade shit right there.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Just like to point out that most people can't spell or write worth a shit, but that doesn't mean they're incompetent. Most successful people wouldn't pass the superiority test around here.

XXXX, meanwhile, is probably your average college student when it comes to english, grammar, etc.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Then my average college student needs to invest in a few basic grammar courses and/or books. Give me a break with the "superiority test" bullshit. This is a website by and large populated by writers. I have absolutely no qualms about expecting at least a modicum of good grammar. Your/You're should not be an obstacle for a college student looking to join any industry that doesn't involve swinging a hammer or driving an automobile.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Again, most people don't know good grammar. Yes, the people who frequent this site have unique skills. But that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Outside of a newsroom, most journalists are pretty worthless. The importance of a skill depends on what you're looking for.

As for superiority, your mention of swinging a hammer and diving an automobile, as if construction workers, carpenters, turck drivers, etc. are all uneducated nitwits, proves my point.

Maybe your just mad because truck drivers and construction workers make more money than you.

Draft saved Draft deleted