1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm desperate! I need the help of SJ.com!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Good luck with that.
    I'll stick with my 7-11 or 7-1 morning bookstore stocker then off to the station to dick with a Web site from 2-10:30.

2. XXXX

XXXX Member

no i went to community college.

what the hell are you talking about?

ink stained wrench- if you can look yourself in the mirror and honestly say that you have NEVER gotten a due date wrong, or during finals week you rushed getting a paper done and you turned in a "bullshitted" paper, then you are lying to yourself or your just an unbelievable freak of nature. so to say i dont belong in the same room as you, is a pretty dumbass comment to make. especially, if you read earlier i said i dont want to be a journalist. get off your soapbo... oh wait you already used that line.

hey look you guys, i work 25 hours a week and school 18 hours. i do party on the weekends, but who wouldnt when your in college. i work hard because i am not blessed with all type of money that my "mommy and daddy can foot the bill". try to remember the real story of all of your college experiences. i have been reading this site for about a year now, i have been a member for a couple months, i respect your opinions on things, and would never disrespect what you guys and gals do.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

If I didn't work this week, then two people would have to fill in for me during their vacations. I can't ask someone to do that. I just have to work a little faster and get a lot less sleep until Sunday rolls around.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So the kid may be a jackoff. Not exactly what I'd aspire to be, but why rake him over the coals for it? I get unwitty and isw's anger over some douchebag potentially getting the same piece of paper they did for much less work, but do you need to spew so much venom over it?

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I hope you know I was just teasing. Watching Gray's Anatomy is about as close to doing anything as meaningful as what doctors do as I'll get.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Good call, wicked.

I scheduled my last two years of college so I didn't have a class before 1 p.m. Anyone want to take my diploma away?

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

This is a wee bit off-topic, but sometimes I think about how little work I did as an undergrad and think my diploma must be pretty worthless.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

You can pry his diploma from his cold, dead fingers!

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I'm sure XXXX is good people, but I had to chime in on this thread because I absolutely despise ineptitude. It seems that I meet people in every walk of life who can't seem to do their job properly because they're just coasting through life doing the bare minimum and hoping that the teacher has a soft heart.

Also, I take pride in earning what little status I have acquired in life, and so it pains me to see someone who really doesn't care whether they deserve a thing. It's what one might call the George W. Bush syndrome, where there's a sense that you have a divine right of kings.

That said, XXXX did stay up until the buttcrack of dawn, and he's only 20. So it's really just a matter of him learning from his mistake and moving on. And, yes, I made all sorts of similar mistakes. Unfortunately, I did not have the good sense to post my shames on a message board so that one and all could tear into me. That's probably why I fell asleep at the typewriter more than once in my day.

And, for the record, No-Doz can really cause issues, such as seeing double during games of dodgeball and being unable to lurch out of the path of both balls due to the passage of 48 hours with almost no sleep. But it did give me some insight into what the druggies at my high school were thinking while I was discussing the rise of Boris Yeltzin.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, pal, this place is a simmering cauldron of disrespect and we aim to keep it that way.

Either learn how to play by our rules, or you can GET THE FUCK OUT! ;D

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Sex Cauldron? I thought they shut that place down.

Draft saved Draft deleted