1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm dating an older woman!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yes, welcome back to the club, Alley. Cougars rule.

Mrs. Birdscribe is 3 1/2 years older. By the time I was a sophomore in college, she had finished her Masters, having polished off her bachelors the same year I was graduating from high school.

It's weird. When I was in high school, I dated nearly exclusively younger girls. Once I got to college, however, that flipped. In five years of college, I think I went out with one woman who was my age.

Included in that was a 28-year-old (when I was 20) and two 26-year-olds (when I was 21).

Well played, Dools.

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

My senior year of high school, I was 17 and she was 25 with an apartment in an energetic, great eight months.

Also was dating a 16-year old.

Life was good.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

"and every time I pass a wheat field..." [/garth]

(ducking)

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I've always been the oldest in my relationships. I've always been 2 or 3 years older than the girls I've dated.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm printing this thread out for a part-timer at my paper. A coworker and I are trying to convince him that he needs a good cougar (not either of us, for the record).

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

When I was 31, I dated a 20-year-old kid. Haven't dated anybody younger since.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You never even gave me a chance!

:D

8. joe

joe Active Member

I've never believed that ages mattered in relationships. I believe it matters more how well you connect emotionally, intellectually and sexually -- in other words, to get a little New-Agey, how well your souls match. I can be just as attracted to the hot young (college) thing at the gym as I can a classy woman in her 50s at the other end of the bar.

To crossthread, I live like time is circular, not linear. Our lifetimes are simply too short for most of us to realize it.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Stop bogarting whatever you're on.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

11. lono

lono Active Member

Leather pants too tight, Joe???

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Cougars?

??? ??? ???