1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm dating an older woman!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The first woman I dated off Match.com was 34, I am 22, turning 23 soon. It was a good way to get back into the field and on the grind.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This thread is not about me. I'm sorry for feeding it.

Alley...go get you some!

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I was 16. She was 24. But not a teacher.

4. imjustagirl

Hell, I was 21 he was 17. And I was not a teacher either.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, I hope the youngster learned something.

6. imjustagirl

Quite the opposite, actually.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I learned a thing or two.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was 26 and dated a 33-year-old a few years back. And my wife and I are five years apart (she's 36, I'm 31). Good rule of thumb, if you're under 30, is to obey the five-year rule for relationships. Try to stay within five years either way. That way, if it becomes serious and you start thinking about marriage and kids, you can both be on the same page. You don't want to be 25 and want kids, dating a 40-something who is past that phase of their life.

Of course, if you're just in it for the sex, age is just a number. Word of advice to the 20-somethings out there ... 30 is dirty.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

I'm older than my wife; I'm 33, and she just turned 28.

That's not a big deal, but she enjoys reminding me that when I was going into my freshman year of college, she was 13.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

About the same for me. I'm 32, she's 24, and we had the always fun discussion the other night about how she was in eighth grade when I was a senior in college.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

"About the same for me. I'm 32, she's 24, and we had the always fun discussion the other night about how she was in eighth grade when I was a senior in college."

Shit, that's nothing.

I'm 36 and was 'dating' a 19-year-old last year and earlier this year, off and on.

She always took great pleasure in reminding me I was old enough to be her dad, and just two years younger than her mom.

And that meeting the parents thing? THAT was an experience...

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I started dating a senior when I was a freshman in college and that lasted a couple of years. When I met my wife, I was a senior and she was a freshman.

Draft saved Draft deleted