1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Chris Ferguson, and I've got a question."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

"You've got pocket 10s. How should you play 'em? Now imagine you're sitting across from me. Does this change your decision?"

Has anyone else heard this commercial making the rounds of sports talk radio? It's for fulltilt poker, where you can learn from the pros, also including Howard Lederer AND jennifer harmon! Um, yay?

Sorry to say, I doubt even the hardcore poker people could pick Chris Ferguson out of a lineup without buzz at the table and/or a nametag, so no, it wouldn't affect my decision on how to play my "pocket tens."

2. Please
    Do not send them your money
    send it to me

3. pallister

pallister Guest

A lot of people who play poker, many who are not hardcore, know who Chris Ferguson is. Jesus.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

WHO he is, name association with the activity (is poker a sport?), sure.

But by face identification? Without hints?

"Holy crap, that's Chris Ferguson across the table from me! Better change my decision on how to play these pocket tens!"

Sorry, but I doubt it.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, you'd recognize him.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Chris Ferguson is the one guy in all of poker most people would recognize.

7. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I don't want to be too harsh, but that's idiotic. I'd be willing to say that even some people who don't play poker know who he is.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He is arguably the most recognizable poker pro out there, with the possible exception of Doyle Brunson. Kind of hard to miss the black cowboy hat, long hair and sunglasses.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Same reason they sit in the living room and watch other people play golf on TV.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

He looks like George Harrison circa 1969-70.

[​IMG]

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The point is, I assume, you can learn how to read the other players by buying whatever this Full Tilt thing is. That's the why for the "Now imagine you're sitting across from me. Does this change your decision?"

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It's Jesus, lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted