1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm bored ..."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, May 20, 2017.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, it's kind of like a video game. May come in handy if you visit the White House, too.

[​IMG]

dixiehack likes this.
  2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Homemade pizza making. Cheap, messy, creative. Potential fun for all ages.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

This will eventually turn into #SJParenting. It doesn't matter if the kid doesn't want to go outside or participate. You are not there to be his "pal" even though you only have a limited amount of time to spend with him. However, you can still do fun things on a budget. If the oldest doesn't like physical activity, like short hikes, then try board games. Reward work, even if it's small and doesn't involve spending money. The electronic thing sounds fun. Does he like messing with circuits and stuff like that? Too bad Radio Shack isn't what is used to be.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Break something. Better yet, have the younger one break something that the older one might want to fix. :)

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Find a summer school with horny hot teachers.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Something the kid and dad can enjoy!

Vombatus likes this.
  8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

That's always a fun time, especially when the advice devolves into things like: "I want my kid to (insert something really bad here) so he/she will learn right away."

Generally the advice is something bad for females, given the high number of misogynist hypocrites.

9. Vombatus

insert an Aunt Jemima bottle up his/her ass so he/she will learn right away not to ever, ever do that again.

Healthcare costs too much to pull that damn thing out.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

This escalated quickly.

Big Circus, Batman and Vombatus like this.
  11. Vombatus

Well, I was thinking "plant a garden and watch stuff grow" with your kids.

And then I was thinking "beat the shit out of your kids until they appreciate the finer things of life and respect and do NOT grow up to be participation trophy buttercups".

Then cis came along with that "insert" request and reminded me of a very true X-ray a friend saw in a Boston ER.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I've seen gerbils at the pet store, too.

Wait. What?

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted