1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm an idiot and need to vent

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

About a year ago, Mrs. W and I moved apartments. During the move, I broke the top part of the expensive blender that I had bought (the plan was to make a smoothie every day for breakfast -- but I got sick of them after 2 weeks). Anyway, recently Mrs. W has started cooking dinner every night and she mentioned that she really could use a blender. Looking in our cabinet when I got home from work, I saw the bottom part of the blender and decided that I would look for the replacement part on Ebay. Amazingly, tonight there was the exact part that I needed with the auction almost ending and I put a $30 bid (including shipping). I won the auction and tell Mrs. W that I had a surprise. So I go into the cabinet to take out the bottom part of the blender and explain what I had bought. Right behind it was the replacement part that I ordered a year ago, forgot about and didn't notice when I first looked into the cabinet three hours ago despite it sitting right in front of me. So, I just wasted $30 on a freaking extra part for my stupid blender. I'm an idiot.

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Agreed.

3. joe

joe Active Member

I don't care who you are, that's just funny.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You're looking at this all wrong.

Everyone knows the reason you get sick of smoothies is that the damn blender is a pain to clean. All those parts, the little blades, total aggravation.

What you need to do now is replace the rest of the parts, so you only have to wash them half as often. One motor, two sets of annoying parts. Trust me, you will not regret it.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

You just blew my mind [/Kramer]

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

And that, folks, is why 21 is our goddess.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sell it on ebay.. bet you can get 25 bucks for it... ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted