1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm (almost) out of here

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's my second-to-last day in the business. I'm moving back East to get ready for grad school. It's been fun for a few years, but newspaper writing doesn't pay the bills. I'm OK with the decision, especially since the company sent a letter this week telling us how to apply for Medicaid.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'm still sticking it out in this business for now, but I can't blame you. Best of luck.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Just for you:

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I liked the pop-up ad I got for Capella University. I'm not going that route.

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I envy you. I'm planning on starting grad school next spring (I'm nine credits away), and I can't wait until the day I can waive goodbye to this business.

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Eventually, this site will be sportsjournalist.com. Less d_b'ing at that point at least.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Good luck to you Stitch.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

If you waive your goodbye does that mean you have to stay? Can you waive a wave?

(Congrats Stitch. Best of luck to you.)

9. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

And I'm a copy editor. Crap, it's been a long week.

Draft saved Draft deleted